Wonderful staff and exceptionally friendly service. Nothing was a bother and they really went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable for all the family. Thank you very much to the JetPark team, and especially thanks to David the manager for going above and beyond!
Did my MIQ here. My room was spacious and clean. The staff were super friendly. Food was OK.
We were here for our MIQ stay and are really pleased with the experience. The bed was very comfortable, the showers were hot, the room was clean, the staff were lovely and provided great service. Special shout out to David the manager who went above and beyond on several occasions! One of the highlights was having the ability to go for walks any time between 7am - 7pm. The activities (bingo, quiz night, zoomba) were lots of fun. This made our reintegration back to NZ truly awesome.
Running as a Managed Isolation Facility atm therefore closed for public because of high risk area.
Good stay, arrived just before midnight but great to see someone waiting on our arrival, awesome service, tidy room.
Pleasant and efficient Managed Isolation Hotel I must admit that I was a little bit apprehensive about heading to a Hamilton hotel for my two week managed isolation period (I’d assumed I’d be in Auckland). However, while being in isolation is never going to be a completely fun and comfortable experience (will not miss those Covid swabs!), the management and staff at Jet Park did what they could to make it as good an experience as possible. Starting with the room, my room was enormous, with two big beds and different areas to sit in (see the photos). There was a small coffee table with a couple of chairs, the desk which was great if you’re working and I used the extra bed as a couch for watching TV. (Handy isolation tip - it helped me to split the room into different ‘zones’ so that it wasn’t just one big space that I was stuck in for two weeks e.g. small table for eating meals and doing personal admin, snacks on the second bed/couch etc). The bathroom was good with an amazing shower - good water pressure and heat. The other bonus for me was that the door to my room went straight outside - so no lifts, no hallways where you could come into contact with other guests. Not an issue in normal times, but gives you a sense of security in isolation. The WiFi connectivity was good for me - it coped well with me working as well as my personal devices. On to the staff - all of the staff I came across (well, spoke to on the phone due to being in iso!) were helpful and friendly. Responses to requests were always prompt and they proactively asked about things that I hadn’t asked about (e.g. asked housekeeping about laundry, and they asked whether I had enough tea and coffee). The manager David sent emails through with updates about the virtual social activities (Zoomba, Zoom bingo) which I saw as a great way of trying to build a community spirit in a situation where people couldn’t engage with anyone outside their bubble. The team do what they can with outdoor space - you should be aware that it’s perhaps more limited than some other isolation venues (anecdotally at least). But on the flip side, given it’s a relatively small venue, it is possible to go outside more frequently and with less bureaucracy than other iso places (again, only anecdotal). Finally, the food...first off, I should acknowledge that it must be a real challenge to design a menu for the variety of tastes and food preferences of a large group of people. There will always be meals that some people love and others hate. On the whole, I was happy eating 90% of the meals, and am happy to acknowledge that the other 10% was more to do with my own personal preferences rather than the food itself being ‘bad’. Some meals were definitely better than others from my perspective. Portion sizes are really big so perhaps an option to have a smaller size of the same meal could save on some food wastage. Additional vegetables would also be a good idea. Some of the snacks were better than others - the cakes and caramel slice were fabulous, but I was less excited about the muffins. I didn’t order separate/additional meals from the on-site restaurant, but my wine and snack orders were delivered promptly. Overall, the managed isolation in Jet Park was probably as good an experience as you could have within the confines of managed isolation requirements. It’s unlikely to ever be 100% what you’re looking for in a hotel, but in hindsight, I’m pretty happy that I got Jet Park Hamilton as my iso facility.
Stay before 31st October and enter a draw to win a free night's accommodation!Learn More